[net.kids] circumcision vs. ear-piercing

charliem@shark.UUCP (Charlie Mills) (04/07/85)

In article <317@unc.UUCP> fsks@unc.UUCP (Frank Silbermann) writes:
>Let me add that circucision is probably no more painful than ear-piercing.

Can anyone document that claim?  Does anyone know anyone who remembers
being circumcised, without anaesthetic?  Babies in hospitals always
scream bloody murder when they are circumcised.

	-- Charlie Mills
UUCP: ..{ucbvax,decvax,uw-beaver,hplabs,ihnp4,allegra}!tektronix!shark!charliem
CSNET:	shark!charliem@tektronix
ARPA:	shark!charliem.tektronix@rand-relay
USMail: M/S 61-277
	Tektronix, Inc.
	P.O. Box 1000
	Wilsonville, OR 97070

dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) (04/10/85)

In article <1321@shark.UUCP> charliem@shark.UUCP (Charlie Mills) writes:
||				Babies in hospitals always
||scream bloody murder when they are circumcised.

I've been to lots of synagogue circumcisions. Yes, the baby cries
loudly for a few seconds, then almost always shuts up. Of course,
maybe that's due to the fact that the mohel gives the baby some of
the wine...

Dave Sherman
--
{utzoo pesnta nrcaero utcs hcr}!lsuc!dave
{allegra decvax ihnp4 linus}!utcsri!lsuc!dave

susan@vaxwaller.UUCP (Susan Finkelman) (04/11/85)

> Can anyone document that claim?  Does anyone know anyone who remembers
> being circumcised, without anaesthetic?  Babies in hospitals always
> scream bloody murder when they are circumcised.

Babies who get their ears pierced do likewise.

wkp@lanl.ARPA (04/14/85)

In article <587@lsuc.UUCP> Dave Sherman writes:

> I've been to lots of synagogue circumcisions. Yes, the baby cries
> loudly for a few seconds, then almost always shuts up. Of course,
> maybe that's due to the fact that the mohel gives the baby some of
> the wine...

     Actually, the one thing that my parents tell me about my own
     circumcision is that I abruptly stopped crying after tasting
     the wine, licked my lips twice, and then got upset that I didn't
     get anymore.

--
bill peter                   {ihnp4,seismo}!cmcl2!lanl!wkp