[net.kids] Gay issues and Mass. politicians

sdyer@bbncca.ARPA (Steve Dyer) (07/02/85)

It's worth noting the rather unpredictable behavior of the Massachusetts
voter who can vote in an Ed King, but at the same time, as Tony Wuersch
point out, elect Barney Frank over Peg Heckler, or even more dramatically,
reelect Gerry Studds by a landslide.  I think Purbrick wasn't trying to
rationalize Dukakis' behavior, just trying to discern a rational basis
for it.  Unfortunately, facts seem to indicate that, properly handled, the
Globe story could have been a political non-issue.
--
/Steve Dyer
{decvax,linus,ima,ihnp4}!bbncca!sdyer

seifert@hammer.UUCP (Snoopy) (07/04/85)

In article <1481@bbncca.ARPA> sdyer@bbncca.ARPA (Steve Dyer) writes:
>It's worth noting the rather unpredictable behavior of the Massachusetts
>voter who can vote in an Ed King, but at the same time, as Tony Wuersch
>point out, elect Barney Frank over Peg Heckler, or even more dramatically,
>reelect Gerry Studds by a landslide.  I think Purbrick wasn't trying to
>rationalize Dukakis' behavior, just trying to discern a rational basis
>for it.  Unfortunately, facts seem to indicate that, properly handled, the
>Globe story could have been a political non-issue.

Those of us outside Massachusetts have no idea who these people are,
thus we have no idea of what you are talking about.  Perhaps this
discussion could move to net.politics, possibly with a distribution
of 'mass' or 'east_coast' or whatever you have set up over there.

"please?"

(follow-ups to *this* article will go to net.politics automagically)

Snoopy
tektronix!hammer!seifert
broadcasting from Portland Oregon, Bud "expose youself to art" Clark Mayor