[net.kids] circumcision

cushner@ttidcb.UUCP (Jeffrey Cushner) (04/10/85)

>From: charliem@shark.UUCP (Charlie Mills)

>In article <317@unc.UUCP> fsks@unc.UUCP (Frank Silbermann) writes:
>>Let me add that circucision is probably no more painful than ear-piercing.

>Can anyone document that claim?  Does anyone know anyone who remembers
>being circumcised, without anaesthetic?  Babies in hospitals always
>scream bloody murder when they are circumcised.
>
>        -- Charlie Mills

Babies in hospitals scream bloody murder a lot anyway!  My son screams
bloody murder when he has DPT shots, getting his blood drawn, etc.

If I were you, I wouldn't let my child play outside.  He might *gasp*
fall down, skin his knee and *egad* cry bloody murder! (-:

BTW, when my son was circumscised, he was returned to us about 20 min.
after the doctor took him for the procedure, was not crying and nursed
well.

			 Jeff Cushner @
			 Citicorp-TTI
			 Santa Monica CA 90405
			 (213) 450-9111 x2273

		       {vortex,philabs}!ttidca!ttidcb!cushner

bjb@drutx.UUCP (BarnesBJ) (07/10/85)

CIRCUMCISION DECISION
Having been the originator of the circumcision controversy
a few months ago I'd like to report to the net.kids readers
that a second daughter joined our family.

Thank you for your responses, my husband and I were well
prepared to decline a circumcision if the baby had been
a male.

My advice to all parents-to-be is know all the facts and make
your decision before the birth of the baby.