[net.kids] Cuteness - what and why

stj@calmasd.UUCP (Shirley Joe) (08/27/85)

In article <8775@microsoft.UUCP> gordonl@microsoft.UUCP (Gordon Letwin) writes:

>                          . . . Basically, an infant is a pain
>in the posterior - it makes noise and demands, gets into things, and
>in general encourages anger and hostility on the part of adults.

Your description of infants is on the mild side, to say the least.
Babies are obnoxious (they scream when they want something and
sometimes just because they feel like it), gross (you can get pissed on
or dumped on if you aren't careful, and even when you are), demanding
("I want it NOW!  WAAAAHHHH!"), they destroy things (books, magazines,
telephones, computers, toilet paper . . .) and are expensive (child
care + diapers + formula + clothes = $500/month).  If they weren't so
cute, who would want one?

--

Spike
{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!sdcc6!calmasd!stj