[net.kids] My daughter and "Bozie Bop"

place@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (10/15/85)

My 2 and a half year old daughter enjoys watching MTV, mostly because
they "dance," but her favorite is David Lee Roth.  She calls him
"Bozie Bop" from a line in "Just a Gigolo."  It doesn't matter if he's
being interviewed or is in a music video, if he's on, she says "Bozie
Bop."  Is this unnatural?  Every time we watch MTV, she wants me to
make them show "Bozie Bop."

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (10/17/85)

In article <41400002@uiucdcs> place@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:

>My 2 and a half year old daughter enjoys watching MTV, mostly because
>they "dance," but her favorite is David Lee Roth.
> Is this unnatural?

I'm afraid your daughter has the musical taste of a two and a half year
old. I take it from your message that you have watched MTV, so you must
realize that Roth's antics are more amusing and much less intellectually
challenging than those of Bozo the Clown.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"I'm looking for the joke with a microscope."
-Iggy Pop

pgr@mtgzz.UUCP (p.g.russo) (11/05/85)

Repeating one or more words from a song, book, etc. doesn't
seem that odd or unnatural.  I have a friend whose father is
an English lit professor; he used to read her whatever
classics he was working on for her bedtime story.  Any way,
she remembers liking the sound of Canterbury Tales, read to
her in Middle English of course, and would ask her father to
read "to the roote" (a line in the General Prologue).