[net.kids] Spanking: An Arsonist's Apology

fcarmody@udenva.UUCP (Prince Caspian) (02/28/86)

People, if you didn't read my last article, PLEASE *DON'T*.
I have not subjected myself as yet to any of the flames that are saturating/
will saturate my mailbox.  I just realized that I had made a terrible
mistake in sending that last flame, to an article which unfortunately
I didn't give more than a passing glance.  As some of you probably surmised,
I shouldn't even be trying to deal with this issue at all yet, especially
not in a world-wide forum.  Too much is tied up in it for me.  I have been
in counseling for years, just to resolve issues surrounding my family and
my childhood.  So what do I do, just when I start to get off all these trips?
Oh, nothing much.  Just establish a world-wide reputation as a consumate jerk
by bringing out my dirty laundry and flaunting it.  I really apreciate the things this group has taught me.  Good parenting *is* important to me, and I *have*
learned a lot here... I intend to keep reading, and *keep my big mouth shut*
(and thus footless) for a good while so I can keep learning.

I deserve every flame I get for this, and I know it.
I only hope that you will forgive me, and that the classification of
"net.jerk" is not irrevocable. :')

My deepest apologies to you all....

Caspian

--

- Prince Caspian of Narnia, AKA Francis X. Carmody
Electronic Adress (UUcp only:{hplabs,seismo}!hao!udenva!fcarmody}

djo@ptsfd.UUCP (Dan'l Oakes) (03/06/86)

In article <1181@udenva.UUCP>, fcarmody@udenva.UUCP (Prince Caspian) writes:
> People, if you didn't read my last article, PLEASE *DON'T*.
> I have not subjected myself as yet to any of the flames that are saturating/
> will saturate my mailbox.  I just realized that I had made a terrible
> mistake in sending that last flame, to an article which unfortunately
> I didn't give more than a passing glance.
> Oh, nothing much.  Just establish a world-wide reputation as a consumate jerk
> by bringing out my dirty laundry and flaunting it.  I really apreciate the things this group has taught me.  Good parenting *is* important to me, and I *have*
> learned a lot here... I intend to keep reading, and *keep my big mouth shut*
> (and thus footless) for a good while so I can keep learning.
>
> I deserve every flame I get for this, and I know it.
> I only hope that you will forgive me, and that the classification of
> "net.jerk" is not irrevocable. :')
Sir (or should I say, Highness, as I've been a Narnian citizen for years?)

I just wanted to express my deep respect.  Anyone can say something stupid;
it takes guts to retract it.  I know; as a veteran of several foot-in-mouth
wars on FIDO, I've had to do it a few times.  May you learn what you wish.

Dan'l Oakes

"Kids is kids."