[net.kids] A Poll: What to call a fetus?

cushner@ttidcb.UUCP (Jeffrey Cushner) (03/10/86)

first: I did want to send this to the poster only, but his address was
too long.  Therefore I print it here, but urge the rest of you not to
not to follow my example.  (thank you for your patience)

In article <8100001@uiucdcsp> you write:

>I usually call a fetus a "he" because "he" is the more commonly used
>pronoun when an unknown PERSON is being discussed.  Would you call
>a friend an "it" (note: I said friend; I know many its :-)?

My wife called him (and her) {we have 2} "it".  I took offense and
decided to switch between "him" and "her".  Of course, if you have
an Amnio, then it's a moot point.

			 Jeff Cushner @
			 Citicorp-TTI
			 Santa Monica CA 90405
			 (213) 450-9111 x2273

	      {randvax,trwrb,vortex,philabs}!ttidca!ttidcb!cushner

    ** The above comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of   **
    ** Citicorp-TTI and if the corporation wants them to, they'll have **
    ** to pay through the nose for the rights!                         **

To: ttidca!philabs!cmcl2!harvard!talcott!panda!genrad!decvax!bellcore!ulysses!mhuxr!mhuxt!houxm!ihnp4!inuxc!pur-ee!uiucdcs!uiucdcsp!ashby
Subject: Re: A POLL?   FETUS: "it", "he" or "she
Newsgroups: net.kids
Bcc: