[net.astro] Need Advice re. Seeing Halley's Comet

jackson@ttidcb.UUCP (Dick Jackson) (12/31/85)

.
.
.
A colleague has just told me that the next two weeks is it for seeing
comet Halley. Is this true? I would appreciate suggestions for good places
from which to view the comet in the Los Angeles area. I would drive to
Palomar if necessary, but are there any closer locations?

Sorry if this topic has alrady been beaten to death on this group, I have
only recently subscribed.

Thanks in advance,    Dick Jackson

fbr@utastro.UUCP (Frank Ray) (01/02/86)

In article <601@ttidcb.UUCP>, jackson@ttidcb.UUCP (Dick Jackson) writes:
> .
> .
> .
> A colleague has just told me that the next two weeks is it for seeing
> comet Halley. Is this true? I would appreciate suggestions for good places
> from which to view the comet in the Los Angeles area. I would drive to
> Palomar if necessary, but are there any closer locations?
>
> Sorry if this topic has alrady been beaten to death on this group, I have
> only recently subscribed.
>
> Thanks in advance,    Dick Jackson

Send me your snailmail address and I'll send you a brochure, compliments
of McDonald Observatory, about Halley viewing.

fbr@utastro.UUCP