[net.astro] I suppose this was bound to happen...

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (01/11/86)

With hardware prices falling faster than software prices, I suppose
this had to happen sooner or later...

[ From an ad in the January 1986 Sky & Telescope ( page 84 ) ]:

        Free computer with purchase of Astronomy Software Package by
        Tech-Link Inc.

Yup, you buy their five programs for $294.00 and they throw in an
Atari 64k computer and tape drive.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim

lotto@talcott.UUCP (Jerry Lotto) (01/13/86)

In article <238@ism780c.UUCP>, tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
> [ From an ad in the January 1986 Sky & Telescope ( page 84 ) ]:
>
> 	Free computer with purchase of Astronomy Software Package by
> 	Tech-Link Inc.
>
> Yup, you buy their five programs for $294.00 and they throw in an
> Atari 64k computer and tape drive.

	Core ($$ hard disk subsystems) throws in a free PC AT with
the purchase of one of their larger drives (net cost ~ $5000).
--

Gerald Lotto - Harvard Chemistry Dept.

 UUCP:  {seismo,harpo,ihnp4,linus,allegra,ut-sally}!harvard!lhasa!lotto
 ARPA:  lotto@harvard.EDU
 CSNET: lotto%harvard@csnet-relay