[net.astro] I couldn't resist...

itc@alberta.UUCP (Dan Fackre) (01/23/86)

Since Voyageur 2 is now making its historic encounter with Uranus

this classic Startrek joke seems timely;

Q ; How is the starship Enterprise like a piece of toilet paper?

A ; They both run around Uranus looking for Klingons.

Chuft-captain

dlittle@watrose.UUCP (Dan Little) (01/27/86)

> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
> Since Voyageur 2 is now making its historic encounter with Uranus
>
> this classic Startrek joke seems timely;
>

> Q ; How is the starship Enterprise like a piece of toilet paper?
>
> A ; They both run around Uranus looking for Klingons.
>

> Chuft-captain
<begin flame>

COME ON GUY !!!! I THINK WE'VE HAD THIS JOKE POSTED ABOUT 500
TIMES !!! I DIDN'T THINK THERE WAS ANYONE WHO HADN'T HEARD IT !!!

<end flame>

Now for the joke !!!

A young fellow was about to go out  for the
first time with a particular girl he had been admiring.
But due to a slight oversight on his part he made the mistake
of having a rather generous meal of ( you guessed it ) baked
beans at lunch time.
	So by the time he was getting ready to pick up the girl
some rather lethal winds had begun to blow.
	Upon arriving at the girl's parents' home he was asked to
come in to meet the family, etc.  He took a seat in a rather plush
chair under which he noticed the family dog, Rex, sleeping.  He
thought to himself that this was a good opportunity to pass some
wind and have the family blame the dog.
	So he tries it out.  First a little fart.  Sure enough
the father yells, "REX!!!".  The guy figures "Great!" and lets
a more voluminous fart forth.  Once again the same response from
the father.  So finally he decides to let it all out and away
it goes.
	The father frantically yells :
	"REX GET OUT FROM UNDER THE CHAIR BEFORE HE SHITS ON YOU!!!!"

Oh well, I thought it was rather amusing.

Dan Little
dlittle@watrose
Univ. of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario.

matt@utastro.UUCP (Matt Wood) (01/30/86)

In article <7779@watrose.UUCP>, dlittle@watrose.UUCP (Dan Little) writes:
> > this classic Startrek joke seems timely;
> > Q ; How is the starship Enterprise like a piece of toilet paper?
> > A ; They both run around Uranus looking for Klingons.
>
> Now for the joke !!!
>
> A young fellow was about to go out  for the
> first time with a particular girl he had been admiring.
>		 . . .
> 	The father frantically yells :
> 	"REX GET OUT FROM UNDER THE CHAIR BEFORE HE SHITS ON YOU!!!!"
>
> Oh well, I thought it was rather amusing.

Please, no more trash in net.astro, okay?  If I wanted net.jokes, I'd
subscribe to net.jokes.

--
		Matt A. Wood
		Astronomy Dept, University of Texas, Austin TX 78712