Path:duke!decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds
Date:Sat, 26-Nov-83 11:22:43 EST
Organization:MIT, Cambridge, MA

The President's statement from the radio broadcast left me with the impression
that the U.S. wouldn't think twice if a nuclear situation occurred again, in
other words if they had to do over again they would.  If the movie was supposed
to promote a sense of responsibility of the American public to prevent nuclear
war, the movie shouldn't so casually defend it.  I would have expected the
President to at least make some sort of statement to the effect of "we have ave
learned our lesson ... we will take future steps in our negotiations with the
Soviet Union to insure that such a catastrophe should never occur again".

--greg
...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds