[net.roots] 31 MAY 1919

bennison@clt.DEC (02/16/86)

----
Ah, c'mon.  Tell us why you want the information.  We're all dyin'.

I'd hit the newspapers, myself.  You should be able to find small
local newspapers that have a lot of personal information in them.

    				Vick Bennison
    				...decvax!decwrl!rhea!tools!bennison
    				(603) 881-2156

credmond@watmath.UUCP (Chris Redmond) (02/17/86)

In article <1169@decwrl.DEC.COM> bennison@clt.DEC writes:
>Ah, c'mon.  Tell us why you want the information.  We're all dyin'.
>I'd hit the newspapers, myself.  You should be able to find small
>local newspapers that have a lot of personal information in them.

This was about my request for diaries and other material dating
from May 31, 1919, a Saturday.

Sure -- it's no secret, I just wanted to keep my posting short.
I am writing a book on Canadian social history, organized around
the big and small events of that single day.

Yes, newspapers will be the primary source, and I've looked at a
fair number of them so far, with more to come.  But I'd also like
material that never made it into the papers, the activities of
people who just lived ordinary lives that day.