[net.misc] Real programmers.......

howard@garfield.UUCP (Howard . Campbell) (11/24/84)

Well, then, in what languages DO REAL programmers program?
( Do real programmers also prefer wireheading to foreign substances
as an inducer of artificial pleasure? )

					Howard
					  Campbell
					     at:

{akgua, allegra, dalcs!dreacad, ihnp4, utcsrgv}!garfield!howard
		Memorial University of Newfoundland

yosh@hou2e.UUCP (M.CHING) (11/26/84)

I thought there was only one REAL programming language for REAL programmers...

					... "C".

					Dave Bloom
					Holmdel, NJ
.

rcook@uiucuxc.UUCP (11/29/84)

    I think the only two REAL languages for  programmers are:

				1. 'c'
				2. assembly

	    ( In that Order )

			What you can't do in one, you can do in the other.

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (12/02/84)

In article <36200012@uiucuxc.UUCP> rcook@uiucuxc.UUCP writes:

>    I think the only two REAL languages for  programmers are:
>
>				1. 'c'
>				2. assembly

When I was a REAL programmer, a program (for the IBM 650) was a column of
10-digit numbers.  Comments were for sissies.  Assemblers existed (SAP and
SOAP) but REAL programmers didn't use them.

Fortunately, I stopped being a REAL programmer nearly 25 years ago, and now
I don't think there are any REAL programming languages.
--
Richard Mateosian
{cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA

eugene@ames.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (12/03/84)

> In article <36200012@uiucuxc.UUCP> rcook@uiucuxc.UUCP writes:
>
> >    I think the only two REAL languages for  programmers are:
> >
> >				1. 'c'
> >				2. assembly
>
> Fortunately, I stopped being a REAL programmer nearly 25 years ago, and now
> I don't think there are any REAL programming languages.
> --
> Richard Mateosian
> {cbosgd,decwrl,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA

So who wants to be a REAL programmer?
I'd rather be an unREAL programmer [an imagary programmer? would you believe
complex?].

Oh, say can you C?  [I do and I like it.]

--eugene miya
  NASA Ames Res. Ctr.
  {hplabs,ihnp4,dual,hao,vortex}!ames!aurora!eugene
  emiya@ames-vmsb.ARPA

stevev@tekchips.UUCP (Steve Vegdahl) (12/04/84)

>     I think the only two REAL languages for  programmers are:
>
> 				1. 'c'
> 				2. assembly
>
> 	    ( In that Order )
>

> 			What you can't do in one, you can do in the other.

Both of the above-mentioned languages may be REAL, but they're not RATIONAL.
	:-)

				********************************
    Steve Vegdahl		      NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR
    Computer Research Lab.		    typos
    Tektronix, Inc.			logical errors
    Beaverton, Oregon		  actions of my pet alligator
				********************************

geb@cadre.UUCP (12/04/84)

Real programmers toggle the machine language program
in using the switches on the front panel.

bing@lanierrnd.UUCP (Bing Bang) (12/06/84)

In article <> rcook@uiucuxc.UUCP writes:

>    I think the only two REAL languages for  programmers are:
>
>				1. 'c'
>				2. assembly
>
>	    ( In that Order )
>

>			What you can't do in one, you can do in the other.

 A person after my own heart!!!

unitl next time++;
...lanierrnd!bing

hollis@ucf-cs.UUCP (Ken Hollis) (12/06/84)

Naw, naw, I wanna be a virtual programmer...

William Kendall Hollis (Ken)

 ...decvax!ucf-cs!hollis or ...duke!ucf-cs!hollis
        hollis.ucf-cs@Csnet-Relay

canopus@amdahl.UUCP (Flaming Asteroid) (12/07/84)

Real programmers can code FORTRAN in any language!
--
Frank Dibbell  (408-746-6493)          ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!canopus

[The views expressed herein are not necessarily the views of my
employer, or myself, for that matter]

ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) (01/08/85)

REAL programmers burn the object code directly into ROM.
--

	Ron Christian  (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix}!wjvax!ron

brian@digi-g.UUCP (Merlyn Leroy <Brian Westley>) (01/12/85)

>REAL programmers burn the object code directly into ROM.

BEFORE they ever test it!

--
Merlyn Leroy
"No funny quotes"