[net.puzzle] Evolution of Names.

mouli@cavell.UUCP (Bopsi Chandramouli) (03/01/85)

We all know that C evolved out of B. If another language evolves
out of C (forget C++) what will it be called?

ihnp4!alberta!cavell!mouli.

wws@whuxlm.UUCP (Stoll W William) (03/02/85)

> We all know that C evolved out of B. If another language evolves
> out of C (forget C++) what will it be called?
>
> ihnp4!alberta!cavell!mouli.

	C-quel?

Bill Stoll, ..!whuxlm!wws

"Spot!  Bad Dog!  Get AWAY from the terminal!"

> We all know that C evolved out of B. If another language evolves
> out of C (forget C++) what will it be called?

C++.

ee163acp@sdcc13.UUCP (DARIN JOHNSON) (03/04/85)

> We all know that C evolved out of B. If another language evolves
> out of C (forget C++) what will it be called?

Although C is barely passing, D will have to take the class over.

albert@harvard.ARPA (David Albert) (03/04/85)

> > We all know that C evolved out of B. If another language evolves
> > out of C (forget C++) what will it be called?

Since B evolved from BCPL, the next language will be P.
--

David Albert
ihnp4!ut-sally!harvard!albert (albert@harvard.ARPA)

mouli@cavell.UUCP (Bopsi Chandramouli) (03/04/85)

In article <702@whuxlm.UUCP> wws@whuxlm.UUCP (Stoll W William) writes:
>> We all know that C evolved out of B. If another language evolves
>> out of C (forget C++) what will it be called?
>>
>> ihnp4!alberta!cavell!mouli.
>
>	C-quel?

Sorry.  The answer I had in my mind was P since B's predecessor
was BCPL.

B.Chandramouli
ihnp4!alberta!cavell!mouli.

atst@ssc-vax.UUCP (Tom Pace) (03/06/85)

> > We all know that C evolved out of B. If another language evolves
> > out of C (forget C++) what will it be called?

Let's see (ugh!) ... first it was B, then C ... how about A.D.?

mouli@cavell.UUCP (Bopsi Chandramouli) (03/07/85)

>Let's see (ugh!) ... first it was B, then C ... how about A.D.?

  Hey! That is a good one. I never thought about it.
By naming the next language as A.D. languages B and C get what
they really deserve :-).

ndiamond@watdaisy.UUCP (Norman Diamond) (03/08/85)

> >Let's see (ugh!) ... first it was B, then C ... how about A.D.?
>
>   Hey! That is a good one. I never thought about it.
> By naming the next language as A.D. languages B and C get what
> they really deserve :-).

Don't worry, A.D.A. will be in the same class, in another 10 years.

--

   Norman Diamond

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra}!watmath!watdaisy!ndiamond
CSNET: ndiamond%watdaisy@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  ndiamond%watdaisy%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

"Opinions are those of the keyboard, and do not reflect on me or higher-ups."

ix415@sdcc6.UUCP (Rick Frey) (03/10/85)

If it started as B and went to C (B.C.) and someone suggested A.D. as
the continuation, would the next one be S.C.? (Second Coming)