[net.puzzle] a question

ndiamond@watdaisy.UUCP (Norman Diamond) (03/14/85)

> > let's be real - you people are actually posting ANSWERS to that question??
> > I'd be ashamed if I couldn't answer that question! (what makes you think
> > anybody is THAT stupid???
> >
> > Vince.
>
> So, anyone who didn't concentrate in communications theory (or related areas
> of applied mathematics) should not be using the net, eh?  We are all stupid,
> eh?  Anyone who was interested in compiler design, mulitprocessing protocols,
> set theory, etc., is stupid, stupid, stupid!
> -- me

Someone suggested in a polite mail message that Vince was speaking of the
30 MPH / 60 MPH problem, not about the Fourier transform problem.  If that
is correct, then I owe Vince an apology.  I have to agree, anyone with a
little bit of mathematical training, who can't answer the speed problem,
is stupid...  :~`
--

   Norman Diamond

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra}!watmath!watdaisy!ndiamond
CSNET: ndiamond%watdaisy@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  ndiamond%watdaisy%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

"Opinions are those of the keyboard, and do not reflect on me or higher-ups."

"You Earthlings are all stupid, stupid, stupid!"

	- from some incredibly bad old "sci fi" movie (Lauren would know)

gordon@cae780.UUCP (Brian Gordon) (03/17/85)

In article <7066@watdaisy.UUCP> ndiamond@watdaisy.UUCP (Norman Diamond) writes:
>> > I'd be ashamed if I couldn't answer that question! (what makes you think
>> > anybody is THAT stupid???
>>
>> So, anyone who didn't concentrate in communications theory (or related areas
>> of applied mathematics) should not be using the net, eh?  We are all stupid,
>> eh?  Anyone who was interested in compiler design, mulitprocessing protocols,
>> set theory, etc., is stupid, stupid, stupid!
>
>Someone suggested in a polite mail message that Vince was speaking of the
>30 MPH / 60 MPH problem, not about the Fourier transform problem.  If that
>is correct, then I owe Vince an apology.  ...

What an effective argument for including the essence of what you are responding
to in your message so the rest of us don't have to guess ...

FROM:   Brian G. Gordon, CAE Systems
UUCP:   {ihnp4, decvax!decwrl}!amd!cae780!gordon
        {nsc, resonex, qubix, hplabs, leadsv, teklds}!cae780!gordon
USNAIL: 1333 Bordeaux Drive, Sunnyvale, CA  94089
AT&T:   (408)745-1440

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (D Gary Grady) (03/18/85)

> "You Earthlings are all stupid, stupid, stupid!"
>
>	- from some incredibly bad old "sci fi" movie (Lauren would know)

It was the immortal PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE, Bela Lugosi's last film and
argubly the worst film in all history (the the possible exception of any
Pia Zadora movie).  If you have never seen Plan Nine, do so at any
cost!
--
D Gary Grady
Duke U Comp Center, Durham, NC  27706

sitze@rruxo.UUCP (R Sitze) (03/20/85)

As a friend of Vince, I might point out that he WAS refering to the
30/60 MPH problem.  Though I may not agree with his response, I thought
this might clear the air a bit.  I would have stuck this in sooner if
I had realized the problem.

				<ras>

ihnp4!rruxo!sitze