[net.puzzle] YAFTW

csc@watmath.UUCP (Computer Sci Club) (04/23/85)

A word with a, e, i, o, u, and y IN ORDER in it?

(Too easy?)

Gilles Dignard
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario

gjerawlins@watdaisy.UUCP (Gregory J.E. Rawlins) (04/24/85)

In article <14074@watmath.UUCP> csc@watmath.UUCP (Computer Sci Club) writes:
>A word with a, e, i, o, u, and y IN ORDER in it?
>
>(Too easy?)
>
>Gilles Dignard
>University of Waterloo
>Waterloo, Ontario

    I could reply facetiously but i guess i won't, clearly this
requires a serious answer! :-)
    How about a word with all the vowels *reversed* ?
    	greg.
--
Gregory J.E. Rawlins, Department of Computer Science, U. Waterloo
{allegra|clyde|linus|inhp4|decvax}!watmath!watdaisy!gjerawlins

krs@amdahl.UUCP (Kris Stephens) (04/25/85)

One of my favorites: I know of a seven-letter word that uses all five
of the major vowels (aeiou), NOT in order, once each.  FTW.

Y'know, grep sorta takes the grins outa posting challenges like this.
--
Kris Stephens     (408-746-6047)                 {whatever}!amdahl!krs
     [The opinions expressed above are mine, solely, and do not    ]

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (04/25/85)

Yes, a,e,i,o,u, and y in order, but NOT necessarily all bunched
together.  For instance the word abacus contains the letters a,b, and c
in order, but not together.

It seems I always have a tough time posing this question clearly.

Hint:  I know of 2 words that fit the bill, one is 11 letters long,
one is 12.

--Evan Marcus

--

{ucbvax|decvax}|vax135|petsd|pedsgd|pedsga|evan

There are two kinds of people in the world, those who divide people into two
kinds, and those who don't.

cberry@muddcs.UUCP (Craig Berry) (04/26/85)

In article <14074@watmath.UUCP> csc@watmath.UUCP (Computer Sci Club) writes:
>A word with a, e, i, o, u, and y IN ORDER in it?

How about "Facetiously"?

>(Too easy?)

Yes.

>Gilles Dignard
>University of Waterloo
>Waterloo, Ontario

                           Craig Berry
                           Harvey Mudd College
                           Claremont, CA

{allegra!scgvaxd | ucla-cs}!muddcs!cberry
If you are sure your code is correct, and your program still doesn't
work, then one of the things you are sure of is wrong.