[net.puzzle] Letter Sequence

jr@bbncc5.UUCP (John Robinson) (03/10/86)

Listening to my 9-month old try to talk inspired this one:

What is the next letter in this sequence:

   m, n, b, d, p, ?

/jr

john@cisden.UUCP (John Woolley) (03/11/86)

In article <2178@bbncc5.UUCP> jr@bbnccv.UUCP (John Robinson) writes:
>Listening to my 9-month old try to talk inspired this one:
>
>What is the next letter in this sequence:
>
>   m, n, b, d, p, ?

M and N are the voiced nasals of the bilabial and alveo-dental series.
B and D are the voiced stops of the bilabial and alveo-dental series.
P is the unvoiced stop of the bilabial series.
So... T is the unvoiced stop of the alveo-dental series.

The hint gives it away, makes it clear it's a phonetic problem.

Now, what's the next letter in the sequence

	Z O T T F F S S E N T E T T F F S S E N T... ?
--
				Peace and Good!,
				      Fr. John Woolley

weemba@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P. Wiener) (03/11/86)

In article <544@cisden.UUCP> john@cisden.UUCP (John Woolley) writes:
>Now, what's the next letter in the sequence
>
>	Z O T T F F S S E N T E T T F F S S E N T... ?
					          T T T T T T ...

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720

hedden@atux01.UUCP (D. Hedden) (03/12/86)

In article <544@cisden.UUCP>, john@cisden.UUCP (John Woolley) writes:

> Now, what's the next letter in the sequence
>
> 	Z O T T F F S S E N T E T T F F S S E N T... ?
> --
An old, easy one--
         T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T F...
or maybe you would prefer--
         T-O T-T T-T T-F T-F T-S T-S T-E T-N T T-O T-T
            T-T T-F T-F T-S T-S T-E T-N F...

Now try this--
         1 18 46 94 63 52...

   "The moving hand writes ..."

    Don

matt@oddjob.UUCP (Matt Crawford) (03/17/86)

In article <889@spp2.UUCP> stassen@spp2.UUCP (Chris Stassen) writes:
>Jung ner gur arkg sbhe yrggref va guvf frdhrapr:
>
>	U, U, Y, O, O, P, A, B, S ...
>
>(Pnershy!  Gurer ner gjb rdhnyyl pbeerpg nafjref).

Bu, yvxr gbb rnfl, zna!  Gur nafjre vf A, A, Z, N be
A, F, Z, N.

Here's another letter sequence problem:

Complete this sequence: A, E, H, I, K, L, ...
Matt		University	crawford@anl-mcs.arpa
Crawford	of Chicago	ihnp4!oddjob!matt