[net.lang.mod2] modula -2 syntax

compusci@aecom.UUCP (Yitz Twersky) (10/24/85)

I am looking for a BNF or YACC representation of the syntax
of Modula - 2. If you have one already written out, please
send it. time is of the essence.   thanx

					ronny gross

ken@rochester.UUCP (and Vicki Herrieschopper) (10/27/85)

>I am looking for a BNF or YACC representation of the syntax
>of Modula - 2. If you have one already written out, please
>send it. time is of the essence.   thanx
>
>					ronny gross

Appendix 1 of "Programming in Modula-2, 3rd ed." has an Extended BNF
grammar. If that is not enough, Appendix 4 has railroad diagrams.

You can rewrite EBNF productions to be left-recursive or right-recursive
depending on whether you want a LR grammar or LL grammar.

	Ken
--
UUCP: ..!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!ken ARPA: ken@rochester.arpa
USnail:	Dept. of Comp. Sci., U. of Rochester, NY 14627. Voice: Ken!

tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (Steve Tynor) (10/27/85)

In article <1975@aecom.UUCP> compusci@aecom.UUCP (Yitz Twersky) writes:
>I am looking for a BNF or YACC representation of the syntax
>of Modula - 2. If you have one already written out, please
>send it. time is of the essence.   thanx
>
>					ronny gross

Buy Wirth's 'Programming in Modula-2', Springer Verlag.  There's a complete
BNF syntax in the appendix. (besides, anyone with a need for BNF or YACC
source really out to have the book anyway.)

Eschew Obfuscation.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor