Date:    Mon, 13 Jan 86 09:45:40 PST
From:    sun!orb!nagler@ucbvax.berkeley.edu (Rob Nagler)
Subject: Re:  Exception handling in Modula-2
To:      harvard!wanginst!apollo!wyant

The easiest and probably cleanest method (without perturbing the language)
is to implement the C/UNIX setjmp/longjmp (3) mechanism.  The only knowledge
of the host language processor is how the stack is setup.  It seems quite
feasible and I was thinking of doing a public domain version for the Logitech
system (however, I am pretty busy these days).

Rob

PS. The Turbo folks put exceptions in, but they are a modification to the
    language semantics (they added a new default type).  I don't like this
    model, because it is not M2 and I am very interested in leaving the
    language alone so that the standards people have an easier time.

------------------------------

Date:    16 Jan 86 18:36:16 EST (Thu)
From:    "Ralph E. Droms" <droms@Purdue.EDU>
Subject: Modula-2 for VM/CMS
To:      info-modula-2

Is anyone aware of an implementation of Modula-2 for VM/CMS?

Please mail replies directly to me - I am not a member of this mailing
list.  I will summarize the replies if there is interest.

						- Ralph

Ralph Droms					ihnp4!purdue!droms
CS G73						droms@purdue.edu
Dept. of Computer Sciences			droms@purdue.csnet
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907

- ----------

------------------------------

Date:    17 Jan 1986 14:43:26-EST
From:    clapper@NADC.arpa
Subject: General Info
To:      info-modula-2

Hello out there.

I was perusing some of my back issues of the ACM SIGPLAN Notices
(the magazine of ACM's Special Interest Group on Programming
Languages), and I noticed that there's been a fair amount of
discussion about Modula-2 in recent issues.   I thought
those of you that don't currently receive this publication
might be interested.

Brian M. Clapper                              clapper@nadc.ARPA
Naval Air Development Center
Warminster, PA

------------------------------

Date:    22 Jan 86 10:07 PST
From:    Tom Perrine <tom@LOGICON.ARPA>
Subject: Modula-2 reference
To:      info-modula-2

I currently have the first edition of "programming in Modula-2" by Wirth.
I know that there are many typos, and that a second edition was "fixed",
but I thought it basically described the same language.

Is there a later edition, and if so are there any changes (either in
language or typo correction?  I dont mind buying another copy, but I
would like to get the latest and (hopefully) most correct.

Can anyone recommend any other Modula-2 references? (I use Modula-1 every day,
and just need a ref to get me going on Modula-2.)

Tom Perrine

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 22 Jan 86 15:32:59 est
From:    treid@mitre.ARPA (Thomas Reid)
Subject: Re:  Modula-2 reference
To:      info-modula-2, tom@LOGICON.ARPA

The third Edition is out and has marked the differences between it and
the first edition.  I will post my Modula-2 Bibliography REAL SOON NOW
and keep it updated in the archives (when that project gets finally and
officially off of the ground.

End of Info-Modula-2 Digest
--
UUCP: ..!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!ken ARPA: ken@rochester.arpa
Snail: Comp. of Disp. Sci., U. of Roch., NY 14627. Voice: Ken!