[net.lang.mod2] Single Pass Modula 2 Compiler

claudio@ethz.UUCP (04/19/86)

One Pass Modula-2 Compiler
==========================

As already posted before, we are porting Wirth's new single pass
Modula-2 Compiler to the AMIGA. This compiler produces native MC68k
code in an own object file format. We wrote a Loader "ALoad" to load
these modules and it works! Now we want to put our current version
into the public domain although there are still a few bugs in it.
Try and see it work, if you're interested in Modula-2!

This Modula System fills up only half a disk, including the compiler
itself, a few interface modules (source and object) and lots of simple
demo programs. Compile them and you will see how fast this compiler
really is. It`s faster than your coffee machine. Our compiler compiles
itself on AMIGA in just a little bit more than 5 (five!) minutes [not hours].

This disk is available for $15 from the address below and we will send
a copy to Fred Fish too, maybe he adds it to the Fish-Disk Collection.
Are you listening, Fred?

Our address: Claudio Nieder
	     Kanalweg 1
	  CH-8610 USTER
		  =====
e-mail: seismo!mcvax!cernvax!ethz!claudio
			  (..ethz!schaub)
			  (..ethz!degen)

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (Fred Fish) (04/20/86)

In article <319@ethz.UUCP> claudio@ethz.UUCP (Claudio Nieder) writes:
>This disk is available for $15 from the address below and we will send
>a copy to Fred Fish too, maybe he adds it to the Fish-Disk Collection.
>Are you listening, Fred?

Definitely!!  This will get added as soon as I get a copy.
-Fred

barad@brand.UUCP (04/22/86)

In article <319@ethz.UUCP> claudio@ethz.UUCP (Claudio Nieder) writes:

>One Pass Modula-2 Compiler
>==========================
>
>As already posted before, we are porting Wirth's new single pass
>Modula-2 Compiler to the AMIGA. This compiler produces native MC68k
>code in an own object file format. We wrote a Loader "ALoad" to load
>these modules and it works! Now we want to put our current version
>into the public domain although there are still a few bugs in it.
>Try and see it work, if you're interested in Modula-2!
>
>This disk is available for $15 from the address below and we will send
>a copy to Fred Fish too, maybe he adds it to the Fish-Disk Collection.
>Are you listening, Fred?
>
>Our address: Claudio Nieder
>	     Kanalweg 1
>	  CH-8610 USTER
>		  =====
>e-mail: seismo!mcvax!cernvax!ethz!claudio
>			  (..ethz!schaub)
>			  (..ethz!degen)

Is someone porting this to the Macintosh?  I would love to have a
native 68K compiler for the Mac.

--

Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]

USENET:	...!sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!barad			or
	...!{lbl-csam|trwrb|trwspp}!trwspf!herb

ARPANET:	barad%brand@usc-ecl.ARPA