[net.lang.mod2] Modula-2 on SUN??

michael@pbinfo.UUCP (07/08/86)

	We are planning a project on a SUN-3 and we want to do
	this work in Modula-2.

	Does anybody have some information about a
	Modula-2 Compiler on SUN-3?
	(Especially: How to obtain it and
		     what is the price for academic sites?)

	Michael Schmidt

UUCP:  ...!seismo!unido!pbinfo!michael     |  Post: Michael Schmidt
       or michael@pbinfo.UUCP              |        Universitaet-GH Paderborn
CSNET: michael%pbinfo.uucp@Germany.CSNET   |        Warburger Str. 100
ARPA:  michael%pbinfo.uucp@seismo.css.gov  |        West Germany

preston@felix.UUCP (07/13/86)

>	We are planning a project on a SUN-3 and we want to do
>	this work in Modula-2.

>	Does anybody have some information about a
>	Modula-2 Compiler on SUN-3?
>	(Especially: How to obtain it and
>		     what is the price for academic sites?)

Peter Robinson at Cambridge distributes a Modula-2 system.  They have a
VAX/Unix 4.2BSD system and will soon (already?) have a version for the
Sun.

We got the VAX version from them.  It seems fairly complete, but we
haven't spent a lot of time with it yet.

I have used the following paths to reach Cambridge.  Mail sent from
here doesn't always seem to make it to Cambridge, so sometimes I have
to send a message more than once.

	trwrb!flkvax!enea!mcvax!ukc!cl-jenny!modula-2-request
	trwrb!flkvax!enea!mcvax!ukc!Cam.CL!modula-2-request
	trwrb!flkvax!enea!ukc!cl-jenny!modula-2-request
	trwrb!flkvax!enea!ukc!Cam.CL!modula-2-request

Preston L. Bannister
USENET:  ucbvax!trwrb!felix!preston