[net.misc] Re; worst songs

stadlin@hou2h.UUCP (Art Stadlin) (03/01/85)

> From houxm!ahuta!drutx!mrl Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969
>
> 	What is the worst song ever recorded?

How about these "classics:"
	TITLE				ARTIST			YEAR
I Think I Love You		Partridge Family		1970
Dizzy				Tommy Roe			1969
Mr. Big Stuff			Jean Knight			1971
Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves	Cher				1971
Jean				Oliver				1969
Which Way You Goin' Billy?	Poppy Family			1970
Love Grows Where
          My Rosemary Goes	Edison Lighthouse		1970
Indiana Wants Me		R. Dean Taylor			1970
Hitchin' A Ride			Vanity Fare			1970
Sunshine On My Shoulders	John Denver			1974
The Night Chicago Died		Paper Lace			1974
--
  \\\
   \\\\                                  Art Stadlin

rcb@rti-sel.UUCP (Random) (03/05/85)

In article <839@hou2h.UUCP> stadlin@hou2h.UUCP (Art Stadlin) writes:
>> From houxm!ahuta!drutx!mrl Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969
>>
>> 	What is the worst song ever recorded?
>
>How about these "classics:"
>	TITLE				ARTIST			YEAR
>Sunshine On My Shoulders	John Denver			1974
>
>   \\\\                                  Art Stadlin

May you be tormented throughout eternity by punk rock.  I like John
Denver.

					Random
					Research Triangle Institute
					...!mcnc!rti-sel!rcb

hutch@shark.UUCP (Stephen Hutchison) (03/09/85)

<a Weem-a Wep a Weem-a Wep!>

My wife suggests the worst song ever was "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".

However, I offer for your consideration

"(She's) Havin' My Baby"
"Hooked on a Feelin'"  by Blue Swede [ OOGA Chaka OOGA Chaka! ]
"Annie's Song" [actually only because it was overplayed]
"Afternoon Delight"

and that dreadfully boring and drippy thing by Jackson and McCartney...

"Say Say Say"

For that matter, nearly everything Paul has done since he decided to
go off and form the most mediocre band in known space...

Oh ...  Sorry.  Forgot, this isn't supposed to be net.flame, is it?

One last suggestion:

"666, the Number of the Beast"  a nice bit of toilet paper.  One must
needs exorcise the walkman if one accidentally lets it get past the first
few bars.

Hutch  [ but there's so MANY of them!  And they all suck so BADLY! ]

alan@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Alan Algustyniak) (03/28/85)

Well, 'Please, Mr. Custer' wouldn't exactly make the 10 best list,

But the song i detest the most (excluding soul music as a catagory) is:

	'Sheri, Baby' (or anything else) by the 4 Seasons

	Al Algustyniak