[net.misc] Worst song titles

adm@cbneb.UUCP (03/08/85)

How 'bout worst song titles?  Two of my favorites are:
"Don't hit your grandmother with a shovel, it makes a bad impression
on her mind", and
"I've got tears in my ears, from lying on my back in bed as I cried
over you".
(Honest, these are real songs!)
Any others?

barryg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Lee Gold) (03/12/85)

Back in the 50s there was a song I only heard the first line of...because
after that I changed to another radio station.  It began...

     "Throw mama from the train....a kiss,...a kiss..."

I think its title was Throw Mama from the Train.

--Lee Gold

davet@oakhill.UUCP (Dave Trissel) (03/17/85)

In article <3017@cbneb.UUCP> adm@cbneb.UUCP writes:

>How 'bout worst song titles?  Two of my favorites are:
>"Don't hit your grandmother with a shovel, it makes a bad impression
>on her mind", and
>"I've got tears in my ears, from lying on my back in bed as I cried
>over you".
>(Honest, these are real songs!)
>Any others?

How about "Rats in Your Room" circa 1964 on a Miami radio station
(a black comedy along the lines of "They're Coming to take Me Away")
      and
"Howcome Your Dog don't Byte Nobody but ME?"  which my brother and I
bought for 29 cents at the local 7eleven (1963). This was a serious twangy
nasal C&W song.

And if you thought the titles were bad........

alan@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Alan Algustyniak) (03/29/85)

<...Workin' for the Yanqui Dollaarrrrr  >

These are nowhere near the worst, but 'The Purple People Eater' and
'Why Do You Do Me Like You Do?' are funny enuf to send a posting about.

On 'Fernwood Tonight' they once interviewed a C&W singer who claimed to
have had wrote(sic) a song titled:

	If I'd-a Known that You'd-a Wanted to-a Went with Me, I'd-a Seen
	That You'd-a Got to Get to Go

	Al Algustyniak