[net.rec.wood] Teak Plugs

emerson@bsdpkh.UUCP (Paul Emerson) (02/05/86)

[munch]

     A friend of mine happened upon a great deal on solid teak chairs parts
     from a Scan furniture company.  It seems that he was able to buy legs,
     arms, backs, and associated parts for $1.00 a piece.  Well being a
     hardwood freak, he jumped on the deal and bought enough for 6 chairs.
     He tells me, the only thing he is missing are the teak plugs to cover
     the screw holes.  He has only been able to find the standard oak plugs.
     So, do any of you wood workers know where he can obtain teak plugs?
     More specifically the mushroom type rather than the plain type.  I
     hope this makes some kind of sense.  Thanks in advance.

--

"It's better to burnout than to fade away"
				- Neil Young

Paul J. Emerson
uucp:      	ihnp4!bsdpkh!emerson		AT&T IS  (Orlando FL)
Compuserve:	72355,171
Delphi:    	EMERSON

marks@milano.UUCP (02/07/86)

In article <160@bsdpkh.UUCP>, emerson@bsdpkh.UUCP (Paul Emerson) writes:

>      So, do any of you wood workers know where he can obtain teak plugs?
>      More specifically the mushroom type rather than the plain type.  I
>      hope this makes some kind of sense.  Thanks in advance.

I have no idea about mushroom plugs, but plain ones
should be available from boatyards and boating supply
stores.

  |      Peter Marks, MCC, 9430 Research Blvd., Austin TX 78759      |
  |                  (512)834-3349  marks@mcc.arpa                   |
  | {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech,pyramid}!ut-sally!im4u!milano!marks |

kellymc@lumiere.UUCP (Kelly McConnell) (02/12/86)

In article <160@bsdpkh.UUCP> emerson@bsdpkh.UUCP (Paul Emerson) writes:
>[munch]
>     So, do any of you wood workers know where he can obtain teak plugs?
>     More specifically the mushroom type rather than the plain type.

  Try your local marine supply store. I've only seen the "plain" type
myself as they are primarily used for plugging the screws fastening teak
decks, but at least they are teak.