[net.rec.wood] Total Shop

kev@voder.UUCP (Kevin Hoskins) (03/26/86)

     I recently came across an ad concerning the Total Shop multi-tool
for woodworking. It looks so much like the ShopSmith as to be down right
patent infringement. It sells for the same price as the Mark V ($1295)
but the company is currently giving a 400 dollar discount on the machine.

     What I would like from any of you out there is anything you know
about the machine and how it compares with the Mark V.

     Thank you.

     Kevin

bill@crystal.UUCP (Bill Cox) (03/30/86)

In article <1309@voder.UUCP>, kev@voder.UUCP (Kevin Hoskins) writes:
>      I recently came across an ad concerning the Total Shop multi-tool
> for woodworking. It looks so much like the ShopSmith as to be down right
> patent infringement.

I can't tell you how it compares, but I believe that all of the major
ShopSmith patents have expired.  I've seen at least one import
knock-off in a local 'discount' store (Menard's Lumber), but I don't
recall the brand.  I thought the price was in the $600 range, but I'm
very unsure of that.

Check the ads in Fine Woodworking, Popular Science, and Workbench.

	bill

--
	William Cox
	Computer Sciences Department