[net.news.sa] The eater strikes again

david@ukma.UUCP (David Herron, NPR Lover) (06/28/85)

[Please, please, why are you coming back to haunt us??]
[Extra insurance]
I'm told by <andrew@lemming.TEK> that a recent posting of mine to
net.sources got munched upon.  -- I just went and checked the
original article.  And like the previous one I reported, I had
a line at the beginning of the file.  (Not a bug eater, but there
wasn't ANY whitespace there ..)

The previous article (another net.sources submission .. hmmmm)
got eaten at either harpo or whuxlm.  But my article didn't
pass through either of these two sites before reaching Andrew.

At any rate ... would sa's please check along the Path: listed
in the article below?  I'm also including part of Andrew's
letter to me.

One last thing ... My posting had a blank line as the SECOND line..
It's likely that the other eaten article had the second line blank.
(I was told that it had a bug eater line in it, and people generally
put a blank line after bug eater's.)

Any ideas?  (I'd take a quick look at the 2.10.2 code, but I don't
have a copy here, just 2.10.1 and the New Improved 2.10.3)(alpha test)

--
--- David Herron
--- ARPA-> ukma!david@ANL-MCS.ARPA or ukma!david<@ANL-MCS>

	"It's *Super*User* to the rescue!"