[net.news.sa] IBM Sites With USENET

dml@bucsd.UUCP (David Matthew Lyle) (02/28/86)

I am interested in finding any IBM sites that have USENET service.  Information
on how USENET is handled in an IBM environment, as well as software leads
would be welcome.

--thanks in advance

--David Lyle
--
--dml@bu-cs.CSNET
--cdstdt1@bostonu.BITNET

mazlack@ernie.berkeley.edu.BERKELEY.EDU (Lawrence J. &) (03/01/86)

>I am interested in finding any IBM sites that have USENET service.  Information
>on how USENET is handled in an IBM environment, as well as software leads
>would be welcome.
>
>--thanks in advance
>
>--David Lyle

Please copy me on this as well.
   Larry Mazlack
   mazlack@berkeley.edu

david@ukma.UUCP (David Herron, NPR Lover) (03/02/86)

In article <12108@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> mazlack@ernie.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Lawrence J. Mazlack) writes:
>>I am interested in finding any IBM sites that have USENET service.  Information
>>on how USENET is handled in an IBM environment, as well as software leads
>>would be welcome.

Well.... there is our usenet feed, they're an IBM machine. (Yes, really!)
which is psuvm.bitnet (send mail to whv@psuvm.bitnet for more info)
The way I understand it, whv (Bill Verity) is the person developing
the software ... There's still a few problems with it, but considering
its still version 1 that isn't too terribly surprising.  (No, we aren't
an IBM machine, we're a vax running 4.2)
--
David Herron,  cbosgd!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET, david@uky.csnet
							  ^

Postmaster for Kentucky
"'New and improved' is a misnomer" -- David Herron, 1986

6040133@pucc.BITNET (Irwin Tillman) (03/04/86)

> >I am interested in finding any IBM sites that have USENET service.  Information
> >on how USENET is handled in an IBM environment, as well as software leads
> >would be welcome.

We are developing software here at princeton which runs on pucc.bitnet.
This is an ibm machine running vm/cms, and the netnews software is all
written in rexx.  We are just starting to test it now, so it isn't
quite ready for distibution yet.

Irwin Tillman -  BITNET: 6040133@PUCC
                 UUCP:   allegra!psuvax1!pucc.bitnet!6040133