[net.misc] Big Boy Vote

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (04/04/85)

A new commercial segment in the current "should he stay or go"
series has started airing here in L.A.  In this one, we have
several live-action versions of OTHER trademarks pleading for
Big Boy's preservation.  The Michelin "tire man," Alka-Seltzer's
"Speedy" (the kid with the tablet on his head), and the
"little Dutch boy" (a paint company trademark) all are asking
the viewer to vote and save Big Boy.

Pretty bizarre.

--Lauren--

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (04/09/85)

In <623@vortex.UUCP> lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) writes:

> A new commercial segment in the current "should he stay or go"
> series has started airing here in L.A.  In this one, we have
> several live-action versions of OTHER trademarks pleading for
> Big Boy's preservation.  The Michelin "tire man," Alka-Seltzer's
> "Speedy" (the kid with the tablet on his head), and the
> "little Dutch boy" (a paint company trademark) all are asking
> the viewer to vote and save Big Boy.
>
> Pretty bizarre.
>
> --Lauren--

	We have the same ad here in ol' Kentucky. (Yes we have TV
here, we just watch it barefoot.) I suspect that whatever corporation
it is that owns Big Boy also has a hand in those other three companies.

Anybody know, like fer shur?