[net.music] The Blue Nile, Dalis Car

@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA:Lippard.Multics@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA (11/09/85)

From: "James J. Lippard" <Lippard@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
> [Rob Rosen]:
>    Anyone heard of or seen either of these two-person groups?

Dali's Car is three people:  Peter Murphy (Bauhaus), Mick Karn (Japan),
and Paul Vincent Lawford.

> Also, I've never really heard DALIS CAR but the artwork on their LP's is
> amazingly beautiful -- the music must be worth a damn...or maybe not?

The cover of "The Waking Hour" is a painting by Maxfield Parrish, and is
almost identical to the cover of the most recent Moody Blues album, "The
Present".  The music is heavy on the bass and percussion and a bit repetitive,
but I like it.  Nowhere near as good as Bauhaus, but it's available on CD
(digitally recorded, too).  You say "their LP's"...  do you know of another
besides TWH?

Jim Lippard (Lippard at MIT-MULTICS.ARPA)