[net.misc] kidnapping hamburger

cs2532aa@unm-cvax.UUCP (04/29/85)

In article <> jje@pedsgd.UUCP (Jeremy Epstein) writes:

>The same year (about 79 I think) the cow from one of the Albuquerque
>steak-houses was almost captured.  However, the kidnappers were
>caught by a cop when they pulled off I-25 to change a flat (or so
>the story goes).  Apparently he was a bit suspicious of a pick-up
>truck pulling a fake cow out of town on a trailer...
>
>--Jeremy Epstein

The management of Sirloin Stockade are just asking for trouble.  The above-
referenced steer is apparently a "rent-a-steer" of some sort, and is perma-
nently affixed to a trailer in front of the establishment, making it astonish-
ingly easy to haul away for anyone brazen enough to hook it up to the back of
their truck.

I've never participated in any heists of this nature, but hey, I'm only
a freshman.  I have a good 3-5 years ahead of me . . .

		.rne.

-----
Real World . . Ernie Longmire / 311 Don St. SE / Los Lunas, NM  87031-9405
UUCP . . . . . {{purdue,cmcl2,ihnp4}!lanl,ucbvax}!unmvax!unm-cvax!cs2532aa
-----
Greatness is attainable only when it is not sought.   --B. Banzai