[net.motss] Free "Big Boys" posters from Wheaties

sdyer@bbncca.ARPA (Steve Dyer) (10/01/84)

Football players, eh?  Then you'll like what I'm announcing here.
For those of you gay men and straight women who have been salivating
over the recent TV ads for Wheaties cereals ("what the Big Boys eat")
featuring several "Big Boys" in sports drag, here's a special offer
from the back of the cereal box:

"Now the 'Big Boys' stars of the Wheaties TV commercials can be yours
on these wall-sized full color photos.  To receive your set of four (4)
giant-sized (18" X 24") posters, just send in the order blank and
3 qualifying Wheaties UPC symbols."

The selling point here is sex, sex, sex, the models (not well-
known sports figures) being practically cloned from Tom Selleck's
image.  As I was absent-mindedly wheeling my shopping cart down
the cereal isle, I was accosted by Big Boy #1, the baseball catcher,
grinning out from the Wheaties boxes.  In an almost Pavlovian
reaction, I picked up the box, read it, and placed it in my cart.
I am learning to like Wheaties, at least long enough until I collect
my three (3) qualifying UPC codes.
--
/Steve Dyer
{decvax,linus,ima}!bbncca!sdyer

albrecht@bsdgvax.UUCP (Tom Albrecht) (10/04/84)

[]

In article <bbncca.975> sdyer@bbncca.ARPA (Steve Dyer) writes:

>Football players, eh?  Then you'll like what I'm announcing here.
>For those of you gay men and straight women who have been salivating
>over the recent TV ads for Wheaties cereals ("what the Big Boys eat")
>featuring several "Big Boys" in sports drag, here's a special offer
>from the back of the cereal box:

Is this sort of thing supposed to make homosexual activity seem 'respectable'
to the rest of us heterosexuals?  It sounds pretty childish to me.

--
	Tom Albrecht		Burroughs Corp.
				SDG/Devon

ag5@pucc-i (Henry C. Mensch) (10/06/84)

<<Hot stuff!>>

*> by bbncca!sdyer (Steve Dyer @ Bolt, Beranek, and Newman)
*>
*>Football players, eh?  Then you'll like what I'm announcing here.
*>For those of you gay men and straight women who have been salivating
*>over the recent TV ads for Wheaties cereals ("what the Big Boys eat")
*>featuring several "Big Boys" in sports drag, here's a special offer
*>from the back of the cereal box:
*> ...

!> by bsdgvax!albrecht (Tom Albrecht @ Burroughs Corp. SDG/Devon)
!>
!>Is this sort of thing supposed to make homosexual activity seem 'respectable'
!>to the rest of us heterosexuals?  It sounds pretty childish to me.

	Hmm.  I see.  But, I suppose that posters, bedspreads, and the
like of "10's" like Loni Anderson and Farrah Fawcett-Majors (or is it
just Farrah Fawcett again?) exhibit the ultimate in heterosexual
maturity?

Henry C. Mensch                 | Purdue University Computing Center
{decvax|ucbvax|sequent|icalqa|inuxc|uiucdcs|ihnp4}!pur-ee!pucc-i!ag5
            " . . You'd better smile when they watch you,
                  smile like you're in control. . ."
                                 -- *Smile*, Was (Not Was)

sdyer@bbncca.ARPA (Steve Dyer) (10/08/84)

>Is this sort of thing supposed to make homosexual activity seem 'respectable'
>to the rest of us heterosexuals?  It sounds pretty childish to me.
>
>--
>	 Tom Albrecht		 Burroughs Corp.
>				 SDG/Devon

Unfortunately, Mr. Albrecht sets a terrible example for his fellow
heterosexuals (more correctly, those who "practise heterosexuality")
for he displays the dull, plodding lack of humor so typical of
many heterosexuals (alright, maybe not all--but most, right?  Hey,
prove me wrong!) who wouldn't notice a remark made tongue-in-cheek
(not even this) even if it came and kicked them between the cheeks.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
Hmnnn, are these enough smiley faces?
--
/Steve Dyer
{decvax,linus,ima,ihnp4}!bbncca!sdyer

rrizzo@bbncca.ARPA (Ron Rizzo) (10/09/84)

Tom Albrecht writes:

> Is this the sort of thing supposed to make homosexuals `respectable'
> to the rest of us heterosexuals?  It seems pretty childish to me.

To borrow a vintage phrase, "how dare you presume" ANYONE's interested
in impressing heterosexuals?  It seems like a pretty childish (& arro-
gant) presumption to me.  And why would that be an aim of a gay dis-
cussion forum in any case?

Granted that in politics you do what you have to to garner votes, and
that traditionally involves a lot of foolish activites (like kissing
babies or impressing heterosexuals).

But I'm not running for president this year.

By the way, the rest of "you" aren't heterosexual: take a closer look
and you might find a lot of gay & bisexual people in ANY audience.

					Cheers,
					Ron Rizzo

"Honey, the Left is what's left over, the Right is what's Wrong,
 and the middle of the road is no place for a lady!"

				    --- Electra Collage
					Miss Ballot Box of 1947
					Washington, AC/DC

albrecht@bsdgvax.UUCP (Tom Albrecht) (10/11/84)

[ Italian-Americans for Reagan ]

In article <pucc-i.607> ag5@pucc-i (Henry C. Mensch) writes:

>	Hmm.  I see.  But, I suppose that posters, bedspreads, and the
>like of "10's" like Loni Anderson and Farrah Fawcett-Majors (or is it
>just Farrah Fawcett again?) exhibit the ultimate in heterosexual
>maturity?

	These things seem just as childish to me.