[net.motss] Sex by Numbers

beslove@osu-eddie.UUCP (Adam Beslove) (05/17/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR 67 BUG ***

All this great reading about what we're looking for in a MOTAS and
some recent close encounters have prompted a new selection critera
for my list.

4.  Emotional strength, endurance, and agressiveness

The last thing I want is an SO that I have to carry like emotional baggage.
Someone who can stand on their own and handle tough times.  Tough situations
can range from staying alone for a weekend, to running a household, to
running a business, to weathering an economic crisis, and even to keeping a
cool head while doing 360's on an icy highway in traffic.

Endurance is just longterm strength.

Emotional agressiveness is a combination of spunk, politics, and desire for
a fulfilling relationship.  This person doesn't wait for things to happen.
They actively try to explore and better the relationship.  This is hard.
Am I getting this across?

****
The list got bumped around a bit.  The new #4 is an insert below 'No
<Ethnic>AP's and above 'Real career' <no flames please>.  After some
provacative conversations with a wonderful woman from Napierville,
another addition is

#7  Fertility.

***
(UUCP: ...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!beslove)
(CSNet: beslove@ohio-state)		        The world is my sandbox,
(ARPA: beslove%ohio-state.csnet@CSNET-RELAY)    humanity my playmates.

moiram@tektronix.UUCP (Moira Mallison ) (05/22/85)

In article <311@osu-eddie.UUCP> beslove@osu-eddie.UUCP (Adam Beslove) writes:

>The last thing I want is an SO that I have to carry like emotional baggage.
>Someone who can stand on their own and handle tough times.  Tough situations
>can range from staying alone for a weekend, to running a household, to
>running a business, to weathering an economic crisis, and even to keeping a
>cool head while doing 360's on an icy highway in traffic.
>
>Endurance is just longterm strength.
>
>Emotional agressiveness is a combination of spunk, politics, and desire for
>a fulfilling relationship.  This person doesn't wait for things to happen.
>They actively try to explore and better the relationship.  This is hard.
>Am I getting this across?

While I can understand that emotionally healthy people do not want to
be in relationship with emotional  wimps, it sounds to me like you
are describing swing to the other side of the  of the pendulum.  Neither
do I want someone who thinks bravely (and probably incorrectly) that
he can do it all himself, that he never needs any support, and is
unwilling to admit vulnerability with me.

btw, when I say "in relationship" here, I mean anyone who is more than
a casual friend.  I used the male pronoun because *in my experience*,
it has much more often been the case with male friends than female
friends.

Moira Mallison
tektronix!moiram