[net.motss] Gay Community News

wild@sun.uucp (Will Doherty) (09/12/85)

Subject: Gay Community News...

is a really great nationwide weekly that covers all kinds
of issues of interest to lesbians and gays.

GCN is special because it is not a slick, over-produced,
mass-market publication.  It actively solicits the voices
of people in the community, as well as "objectively"
reporting on the community.

I urge anyone who isn't a subscriber to subscribe and anyone
who isn't a sustainer to become a sustainer.  (I'm sending
mail to scotty to find out if sustainer contributions are
tax-deductible.)  Subscription rates are:

	1 year			$29.00
	25 weeks		$17.50
	25 weeks/low income	$10.00

(You may contribute additional money for prisoner subscriptions,
or just as donations.)

Send checks to "Gay Community News" at the address in
the forwarded message below.  More info on the sustainer
program in the following message.

				Will Doherty
				...!sun!oscar!wild

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 85 18:07:33 pdt
From: ucbvax!ucscc!scotty (21146000)
To: sun!oscar!wild@ucbvax, ucbvax.ucscc!scotty
Subject: Re: gcn
Cc: ucbvax!scotty

Hi, honey.

You asked me for information a while ago about being a GCN sustainer.
If you want to spice this up a bit (or not) and put
it out on the net, that would be nice.  People can
direct questions to me, if they want.
The basic dope is this:

The Gay Community News Sustainers Program asks for contributions of
$10 monthly or $30 quarterly ($120/yr)
	       $50 quarterly ($200/yr)
	      $100 quarterly ($400/yr)

or more.  It's a pledged commitment.  The address is

GCN Sustainers
167 Tremont Street
Boston, MA  02111

Last year the Sustainers program succeeded in
purchasing a computer for GCN so that they would no
longer have to rely on an antiquated, time-shared,
PDP to maintain the subscriber list and do the weekly
mailings.

This year's goal for the Sustainers program is to
buy health insurance for the staff (something we
take for granted at our jobs).

Sustainers receive a year's subscription and two
free six-week gift subscriptions.

------- End of Forwarded Message

sdyer@bbncc5.UUCP (Steve Dyer) (09/13/85)

> I urge anyone who isn't a subscriber to subscribe and anyone
> who isn't a sustainer to become a sustainer.  (I'm sending
> mail to scotty to find out if sustainer contributions are
> tax-deductible.)

Absolutely, Will!  GCN is a great nationwide resource.

By the way, sustainer contributions are tax-deductible.
--
/Steve Dyer
{harvard,seismo}!bbnccv!bbncc5!sdyer