[net.misc] Power Rollers, Roaches, net.legal flame

mikeb@ptsfa.UUCP (Michael Barkley) (05/20/85)

Power Rollers:

My wife and I own and operate apartment buildings.  We were up against a move-
in deadline and thought a Wagner Power Roller would save us a lot of time.
Our experiences were a lot like Bob Nebert's but not nearly so much fun - we
lost a day, and Wagner gained a permanent enemy, although my wife feels the
one we got was defective and got her money back.  I suspect that the answer,
lurking deep in the instructions, is that when they say dilute latex, they
are not kidding - dilute it until is is too thin to cover and then it might
work, unless what you want is paint on the wall, of course.  Nuf said?

Roaches:

Story of My Life.  We get the buildings cleaned out of roaches, much to
everyone's relief, and Someone brings them in again in their furnishings from
somewhere that does not care what sorts of insects live there.  Don't just set
off a bomb a few days before moving - set one (or more) off once a week, using
different brands, for as many weeks as you have until you move to catch the
hatching eggs.  The Crack and Crevice sprays (with nozzle extensions) work
well also because they get the stuff deep into the hiding places.  A few years
ago an "uninvited guest" brought over a nice infestation of them in his dirty
laundry.  These were not ordinary ones, these were Housing Authority bred,
invulnerable to any toxins tolerable by humans.  The best we have been able to
do regardless of how much cash we throw at them is control them, but they are
out there, watching,  waiting, lurking....

net.legal flame:

yep. that is where I put it.  disclaimer, datclaimer, etc.....

					--mikeb
					415/261-7189

mike@amdcad.UUCP (Mike Parker) (05/23/85)

In article <652@ptsfa.UUCP>, mikeb@ptsfa.UUCP (Michael Barkley) writes:

>                                                                 Don't just set
> off a bomb a few days before moving - set one (or more) off once a week, using
> different brands, for as many weeks as you have until you move to catch the
> hatching eggs.  The Crack and Crevice sprays (with nozzle extensions) work
> well also because they get the stuff deep into the hiding places.
>
> 					--mikeb
> 					415/261-7189

Try Boric acid. This is the main ingredient in Roach Prufe, but a druggist
will sell you Boric acid for significantly less. I tried this in real life,
West Philly as real a roach problem as you get, it works wonders.

Mike

stv@qantel.UUCP (Steve Vance@ex2499) (05/27/85)

In article <1428@amdcad.UUCP> mike@amdcad.UUCP (Mike Parker) writes:
>Try Boric acid. This is the main ingredient in Roach Prufe, but a druggist
>will sell you Boric acid for significantly less. I tried this in real life,
>West Philly as real a roach problem as you get, it works wonders.
>
>Mike

Awwww, come on.  Roach Prufe has some extra goodies in it, and a can of
it is less than $10.  If you really want to get rid of the roaches, why
screw around with boric acid?  Go to the hardware store and buy a can of
Roach Prufe.  It works BETTER than boric acid (which IS the main
ingredient in Roach Prufe).
--

Steve Vance
{dual,hplabs,intelca,nsc,proper}!qantel!stv

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (05/28/85)

> Try Boric acid. This is the main ingredient in Roach Prufe, but a druggist
> will sell you Boric acid for significantly less. I tried this in real life,
> West Philly as real a roach problem as you get, it works wonders.
>
> Mike

...>>> You are right about the boric acid. I used boric acid and floor
soap mixture when I did my floors in a bar I owned. The little critters
track thru the acid, go home(?) and DIE.
  It takes about two months if you have a bad problem but there are no
  fumes to worry about.<<<...

					  bob nebert