[net.motss] godd things from net.rumor

gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Andrew S. Gerber) (02/28/86)

This is a refreshing item found in net.rumor, that was not
cross-posted to motss.

> In article <1954@jhunix.UUCP>, ins_aset@jhunix.UUCP (Sue Trowbridge) writes:
> > Does anyone out there know whether or not Burt Reynolds is gay?  A
> > good friend of mine, a journalist, told me this.  One of his best
> > friends, who is into the gay scene, supposedly knows someone (male)
> > who slept with Burt.  Also, in a recent "USA Today" interview with
> > Sally Field, the reporter asked her whether or not the rumor that Burt
> > has AIDS is true.  She said "probably not," but she and Burt had not
> > parted friends, so she had no way of knowing.

> > Sue Trowbridge
> >
> Why do you ask? Are you interested in having sex with him?  Before I get
> blasted for asking such a personal question that is really none of my
> business, please re-read the above.

I think it's interesting that you deleted the part of my posting that read,
"It's not like this is keeping me up nights or anything.  I'm just curious."

No, I am not interested in having sex with Burt Reynolds.  I simply find it
intriguing, *and* very sad, that actors have to put up such a "front" for
their supposedly "loving" public, instead of being accepted for what they
are.  This goes for everyone, actually, not just actors.  Look at Rock
Hudson, who struggled to keep his real self a secret for 30-odd years.

Sure, I'd like to see the day when everybody can feel comfortable with their
sexuality, no matter what it is.  Until then, no matter how an actor or
actress feels towards members of the same sex, they'll have to put on an
act of being real womanizers or...manizers?  (I don't hesitate to invent
words to suit my purposes!)

Sue Trowbridge

I did not write the above posting, I'm just reporoducing it here for
interested parties.

						-andy

|  Andrew S. Gerber    		MIT '87             Visible Language Workshop |
|  gerber@mit-amt.MIT.EDU, gerber@mit-mc.lcs.mit.edu, gerber@athena.mit.edu   |
|  UUCP: decvax!mit-eddie!mit-amt!gerber   decvax!mit-eddie!mit-athena!gerber |