[net.motss] Non-breeders Unite!

wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) (03/08/86)

In article <745@harvard.UUCP> baron@harvard.UUCP (Jeff baron) writes:
>In article <25757@apple.UUCP> richard@apple.UUCP (richard johnson) writes:
>>when the BP (Breeding Public...thanks Owen) ...
>I don't know about everyone else, but I find the term "breeding public" in
>exceptionally bad taste.

>. . . Until gays learn to stop assaulting straight people on such
>grounds as those, straights will continue to be antagonistic.

Excuse me.  What does being gay/straight have to do with being a
breeder/non-breeder?  I've known gays to commit a pregnancy to raise a
child, and straights who simply choose not to spawn.  Admittedly it's
more _convenient_ to be a gay non-breeder, but the commitment to
personal and/or social work rather than biological reproduction is NOT
a gay monopoly.

>"Fighting" for gay rights does not include sinking to
>the level of some straights in the gutter.

But it may include making common ground with others who, even if they
do screw the wrong sex, are also chafed by the over-emphasis on family
concerns.

From a bi-stander on the road to reproduction....

				STella Calvert

		Do what thou wilt -- not just a good idea,

				it's the law!

Guest on Account:	...!mit-eddie!frog!wjr
Life:			Baltimore!AnnArbor!<LongStrangeTrip>!Taxachusetts
Future:			...	(!L5!TheBelt!InterstellarSpace)