	From: wall@fortune.UUCP (Jim Wall)
	Newsgroups: net.micro
	Subject: Re: another *parity* argument
	Date: Mon, 13-Aug-84 14:39:38 PDT

	is, but you cannot be sure of the memory
	anymore, so trying to save portions of it will just cause grief.

	Remember that memory failures are rarely just one address affected,
	most are caused by power surges, ESD, and other similar events.

	EDC is better, but not at all perfect, and for the cost isn't worth
	it in my book. Now fault tolerence is entirely a different story....

						-Jim Wall
						!amd!fortune!wall

--
Stephen C. Woods (VA Wadsworth Med Ctr./UCLA Dept. of Neurology)
uucp:	{ {ihnp4, uiucdcs}!bradley, hao, trwrb, sdcsvax!bmcg}!cepu!scw

faunt@saturn.UUCP (Doug Faunt) (08/16/84)

The article was fine here.
	...!hplabs!faunt