[net.news.adm] Line Eater Bug

hokey@plus5.UUCP (Hokey) (01/15/85)

Here is the header and the first paragraph:

--
Hokey           ..ihnp4!plus5!hokey
		  314-725-9492

hoffman@pittvax.UUCP (Bob Hoffman) (01/18/85)

Pitt received the same (munged) article over this path:

plus5!hokey received the article over this path:

Now -- the only common sites on these two paths are, obviously,
decvax and mit-athena.  Decvax found and fixed their bug some time
ago -- Armando Stettner (decvax!aps) told us.  As I recall previous
discussions of this bug, it couldn't happen on the *posting* machine.
Therefore, I speculate that this article was the victim of a misplaced
keystroke in an editor and probably exists in /usr/spool/news at
mit-athena in this same form.

	---Bob
--
Bob Hoffman, N3CVL