[net.news.adm] How can this be? -- partial mod.map lossage

ekrell@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/28/85)

In article <327@desint.UUCP> geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:

>Both TRW and I received only a partial distribution of mod.map.  The strange
>thing is that the missing data was similar for mod.map.news and mod.map.uucp.
>In each case, we are missing approximately the first half of the alphabet
>in state names.  (We got usa.sca, but not usa.nca;  most of the other missing
>maps are in usa.al to usa.il.

  Same thing happened to us (at UCLA). Somebody in our path must have a wrong
sys file and is not forwarding mod.* groups.
--
    Eduardo Krell               UCLA Computer Science Department
    ekrell@ucla-locus.arpa      ..!{sdcrdcf,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!ekrell

greg@ncr-tp.UUCP (Greg Noel) (01/30/85)

In article <3512@ucla-cs.ARPA> ekrell@ucla-cs.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:
>In article <327@desint.UUCP> geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:
>>
>>Both TRW and I received only a partial distribution of mod.map.  The strange
>>thing is that the missing data was similar for mod.map.news and mod.map.uucp.
>
>  Same thing happened to us (at UCLA). Somebody in our path must have a wrong
>sys file and is not forwarding mod.* groups.

I think it's worse than that -- we have recieved all (I think) of mod.map.news
and \none/ of mod.map.uucp.  I haven't checked with my news feed (Keith, are
you out there?) so I don't know if it is just us.
--
-- Greg Noel, NCR Torrey Pines       Greg@ncr-tp.UUCP or Greg@nosc.ARPA