[net.news.adm] Delayed local article

msb@lsuc.UUCP (03/08/85)

hugh@hcrvx1.UUCP (Hugh Redelmeier) writes:
> Rob [Pike] is giving a talk at UofT tomorrow (Tuesday).

Well, lsuc received this today (Thursday (March 7)).
And I would have liked to go.

The article reached us by a perfectly normal, in-town path. Its header follows.
Is this delay a one-time thing, or is there a problem somewhere?

Mark Brader
This article has Distribution tor, of course.

mmt@dciem.UUCP (Martin Taylor) (03/08/85)

>hugh@hcrvx1.UUCP (Hugh Redelmeier) writes:
>> Rob [Pike] is giving a talk at UofT tomorrow (Tuesday).
>
>Well, lsuc received this today (Thursday (March 7)).
>And I would have liked to go.
>
>The article reached us by a perfectly normal, in-town path. Its header follows.
>Is this delay a one-time thing, or is there a problem somewhere?
>
>Mark Brader

We got it direct from utzoo once on Thursday and once on Friday (tor.general
and ont.general).  Yes, it would have been nice to go to the talk,
and the delay surprised me somewhat.  Perhaps hcr lost contact with
the world for a couple of days?
--

Martin Taylor
{allegra,linus,ihnp4,floyd,ubc-vision}!utzoo!dciem!mmt