[net.misc] Hill Street Format Change

holly@dartvax.UUCP (Holly Cabell) (06/25/85)

I'm not sure where to post this, but I thought net.misc would be the best
place.

In the news this week:

            "Reports a few months back that NBC's award-winning
          cop show, HILL STREET BLUES, would be simplified next
          season may have been premature.
             If anything, it will be more complex.  Viewers no
          longer will be able to count on the familier roll-call-
          to-nightfall formula and the roster will vary from show
          to show.

The Newspaper article goes on to say that there will no longer be a roll-call,
it will no longer just be one show covering one day, and that the cast will
not be constant from night to night.  Now I have watched Hill Street Blues, if
not constantly, at least frequently, and I think that the old format was
perfect for the show.  It was often hectic, hard to follow and intruiging,
but it was always interesting to watch.  The article mentions that the show
has dropped roughly 10% in the ratings since it's peak, and I think that it
will drop even farther with the new format.

Oh well, I guess I'll still have St. Elsewhere.  Anyone else have feelings on
this subject?  I guess there wont be much, so it's safe to say "post it".

--johnc at [the.world] ! dartvax ! holly
--
--johnc at [the.world] ! dartvax ! holly

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (06/25/85)

There has been ongoing discussion of the Hill Street Blues changes in
the net.tv newsgroup.  Please move this discussion there.

P.S. I am posting this rather than just replying to the author in order
to catch other potential followuppers.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) (06/27/85)

In article <4546@mit-eddie.UUCP> barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) writes:

>There has been ongoing discussion of the Hill Street Blues changes in
>the net.tv newsgroup.  Please move this discussion there.
>
>P.S. I am posting this rather than just replying to the author in order
>to catch other potential followuppers.

Whaaaat???  Excuse me but, since HSB *is* a telivision show, doesn't it
naturally belong in net.tv?

Chris Andersen