[net.news.adm] Canada UUCP map truncated

tim@pilchuck.UUCP (Tim R.) (09/20/86)

  The UUCP map for  Canada (u.can.ab.1 u.can.bc.1 u.can.nf.1  u.can.ns.1
u.can.on.1 u.can.pq.1 u.can.sk.1 u.mex.1) arrived truncated in  Seattle.
You might want to  check your copy and  make any adjustments  necessary.
The path it took to get here is below if  machines on the route want  to
check for problems.

--
-----
....microsoft--\                           Tim Rosmus (Sys Admin)

msb@dciem.UUCP (Mark Brader) (09/25/86)

Tim Rosmus (tim@pilchuck.UUCP) writes:

>   The UUCP map for  Canada (u.can.ab.1 u.can.bc.1 u.can.nf.1  u.can.ns.1
> u.can.on.1 u.can.pq.1 u.can.sk.1 u.mex.1) arrived truncated in  Seattle.
> ... The path it took to get here is ...

We got it, intact, by a different path from seismo.  Accordingly,
the problem would seem to be along the portion

	tektronix!hplabs!ucbvax!ucbcad!nike!lll-crg!seismo

By the way, the article is <2583@cbosgd.UUCP> in mod.map.

Mark Brader

greg@ncr-sd.UUCP (Greg Noel) (09/27/86)

In article <1957@dciem.UUCP> msb@dciem.UUCP (Mark Brader) writes:
>We got it, intact, by a different path from seismo.  Accordingly,
>the problem would seem to be along the portion
>	tektronix!hplabs!ucbvax!ucbcad!nike!lll-crg!seismo

It's smashed here.  We got it from hplabs via hp-sdd, so tektronix is
eliminated.  The rest of the path is still suspect.

How much of the net is affected?  Should it be re-posted?  It seems like
quite a bit of the west coast has the problem, so perhaps it could be
re-posted with distributions of ca and or.
--
-- Greg Noel, NCR Rancho Bernardo    Greg@ncr-sd.UUCP or Greg@nosc.ARPA

mark@cbosgd.ATT.COM (Mark Horton) (09/28/86)

Sorry, the stated policy is that we don't repost maps unless
some huge part of the net missed out.  You have lots of other
alternatives: call up any of the network sites listed in
the "network" posting, use last month's map, or wait until
next month's posting.

If we reposted every time some site's disk filled up, we'd
double the traffic on the net.  The map is already up to
1.7MB, which is a lot to dump on the net.

	Mark