[net.news.adm] newgroup soc.net-people

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (10/26/86)

In article <190@druak.UUCP> news@druak.UUCP (dept2135) writes:
> This new naming convention is the first phase of netnews group name
> restructuring.  It replaces the old net.* naming constructs.

	Over the past few days, I've gotten hundreds of newgroup messages,
dozens and dozen for each of the soc and talk groups.  What's going on?
Are people trying to create all the new groups locally and messing up the
everybody's software hiccup?  My ~news/control directory now has 618
messages in it -- not surprisingly, it's using up 619 kbytes.  Is control
going to make the top 10 list this week? :-)

	Looking at the "From:" lines, there's a scattering of newgroups
from random places (a dozen or two from each) and then a whole bunch of
them (several hundred) from various dru?? sites.
--
Roy Smith, {allegra,philabs}!phri!roy
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016