[net.misc] WANTED PENPALS FOR TWO CHILDREN

terry@neurad.UUCP (Terry L. Ridder) (07/11/85)

          I am posting this for two of my children.  My  two
daughters,  Sarah and Jenny, have been following various net
news groups. They are interested in learn more about the net
and  how  it works. They think that the E-mail capability of
the net is neat, and this is where their main  interest  is.
They  have asked on a number of occasions about penpals, the
E-mail kind not the USPS kind.  Thus  the  reason  for  this
posting.

        WANTED USENET E-MAIL PENPALS.

        Name: Sarah L. Ridder
        Age:  8 years old
        UUCP mail: seismo!neurad!bilbo!slr or seismo!neurad!bilbo!wiretap!slr
        Grade in school: 5th.
        Hobbies:
        Swimming
        Scuba Diving
        Reading
        Mysteries - last book read "Alfred Hitchcock's Haunted Houseful"
        Adventures - Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden type
        Science Fiction - last book read "A Wrinkle In Time"
        Myths - last book read "Children's Hour Series"
        Fantasy - last book read "The Hobbit"
        (Aside want to guess who named my computer 'bilbo'?)
        Art - (drawing)
        Music
        Roller Skating - (or how to get bruised knees and like it)
        Creative Writing
        Foreign Langauge - A little French,a little German, a little Japanese

        Name: Jennifer A. Ridder
        Age:  7 years old
        UUCP mail: seismo!neurad!bilbo!jar or seismo!neurad!bilbo!wiretap!jar
        Grade in school: 2nd.
        Hobbies:
        Swimming
        Scuba Diving - learning
        Reading
        Adventures - Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden type
        Myths - last book read "Children's Hour Series"
        (Aside want to guess who named my other computer 'wiretap'?)
        Art - (drawing)
        Music
        Roller Skating - (or how to get bruised knees and like it)
        Dancing
        Foreign Langauge - A little French, a little German, a little Japanese

                       July 10, 1985

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (07/12/85)

In article <218@neurad.UUCP> terry@neurad.UUCP (Terry L. Ridder) writes:
>          I am posting this for two of my children.  My  two
>daughters,  Sarah and Jenny, have been following various net
>news groups. They are interested in learn more about the net
>and  how  it works. They think that the E-mail capability of
>the net is neat, and this is where their main  interest  is.
>They  have asked on a number of occasions about penpals, the
>E-mail kind not the USPS kind.  Thus  the  reason  for  this
>posting.

Just curious - are there any other children on the net besides Sarah and Jenny?
It's rumored there's a high school machine out there somewhere...