[net.cog-eng] Human Factors Research on the net??

lmm@panda.UUCP (Linda M. McInnis) (01/14/85)

Is there interest for a net group on Human factors
research?  This could encompass CAI, user-computer
interface design, on-line assistance systems, etc.

I'm also interested in conversing with people at
any of these groups:

	IBM Human Factors Lab
	Xerox Human Factors Group
	Apple Ergonomics Group
	Mitre's Human Factor's Group
	MIT's Project Athena or other interested MIT groups
	Any other colleges involved in human factors research

Thanks.   Linda

	Linda M. McInnis  USENET:    genrad!teddy!lmm

	"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
				Elvis Costello

	"This ain't no party, this ain't no disco..."
				David Byrne

mark@tove.UUCP (Mark Weiser) (01/16/85)

In article <223@panda.UUCP> lmm@panda.UUCP (Linda M. McInnis) writes:
>Is there interest for a net group on Human factors
>research?  This could encompass CAI, user-computer
>interface design, on-line assistance systems, etc.

I thought that was what this group was for?  It gets to
most of the human factors people at Maryland, including
the famous ones like Ben Shneiderman and his people and
John Gannon, and the not so famous ones like me.  I don't
know about other sites.

The other group where human factors are sometimes discussed
is net.works (about workstations).
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark@maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817
CSNet:	mark@umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark

lmm@panda.UUCP (Linda M. McInnis) (01/16/85)

In article <89@tove.UUCP> mark@tove.UUCP (Mark Weiser) writes:
>In article <223@panda.UUCP> lmm@panda.UUCP (Linda M. McInnis) writes:
>>Is there interest for a net group on Human factors
>>research?  This could encompass CAI, user-computer
>>interface design, on-line assistance systems, etc.
>>

>I thought that was what this group was for?  It gets to
>most of the human factors people at Maryland, including
>the famous ones like Ben Shneiderman and his people and
>John Gannon, and the not so famous ones like me.  I don't
>know about other sites.
>
>The other group where human factors are sometimes discussed
>is net.works (about workstations).
>--
>Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark@maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817
>CSNet:	mark@umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark
>USPS: Computer Science Dept., University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742

Most of the time, the only thing on this list is the ai digest.
I'll post to this group if there isn't strong objection.

lmm