[net.cog-eng] Type Face for Readability

benson@dcdwest.UUCP (Peter Benson) (03/20/86)

Are uppercase only slides less readable than mixed case slides?  I need
some citations from the literature that would support the contention
that mixed case is better.
--
                                _
Peter Benson                    | ITT Defense Communications Division

kanner@tymix.UUCP (Herb Kanner) (03/21/86)

In article <226@dcdwest.UUCP> benson@dcdwest.UUCP (Peter Benson) writes:
>Are uppercase only slides less readable than mixed case slides?  I need
>some citations from the literature that would support the contention
>that mixed case is better.

I have a nutty friend who insists on writing Pascal source in pure upper
case and then expecting me to read the garbage.  I have tried the following
philosophical argument on him:

	Say, Dave, is all that crappy science fiction you are always reading
printed in upper case?  No?  Well, what would you say the ratio of lower
case to upper case is?  100 to 1 perhaps?  Then, pray tell, for which case
have you had the most reading practice?

He was not impressed.  I think his problem is that he needs new glasses
:-)
--
Herb Kanner
McDonnell Douglas (TYMNET)