[net.misc] refugee donuts & whipped cream behaviour

lsmith@h-sc1.UUCP (Liz Smith) (08/04/85)

>In article <9446@ucbvax.ARPA> mayfield@ucbvax.ARPA (Jim Mayfield) writes:
>In college, we kept a bowl of jello with ``whipped cream'' around for an
>entire school year.  The jello hardened into a cloudy lump, but the topping
>remained completely unchanged, either in consistency or color, for the
>duration of the experiment.  Makes you wonder what it does when you eat it.

When I was a freshman in college, one of the Freshman Union's specialities
was a piece of sticky ham steak with a glob of even stickier potatoes au
gratin. We had a plate of said stuff resting sideways on top of the bathroom
door moulding (no puns intended). The item showed *no change* over a period
of several months, until one day during a water fight it got wet and slid
slowly to the ground . . .

Liz Smith