[net.women.only] id AA19050; Mon, 20 Feb 84 13:46:25 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/21/84)

Date: Monday, 20 Feb 1984 13:40:50-PST
From: amber::chabot  (Lisa Chabot)
To: net.women.only
Subject: Help!  I need argument fuel!

Once, while trying to fill in a boyfriend about some of the past of my
housemates and our friends, in order that he might avoid future faux pas,
(or maybe I was just gossiping)
I related a tale involving a woman attempting to attract a man who was
involved with a good friend of hers.  He responded with a snort "Yeah,
you see, men would NEVER do such a thing."

I suspect it was a sensitive issue, since it was something he'd painfully
avoided doing.

But.

I couldn't think of a counterexample.

And boy, did I feel crummy.  I mean, did that mean that only women are evil
snakes?  Does this mean we think of The Other Woman as an evil snake?

Does anybody have any counterexamples?  I don't want names or dates or even
plots.  I don't want gossip, I'd like some reinforcement.  From women only,
of course.

Lisa S. Chabot
UUCP:	...{ decvax | allegra | ucbvax }!decwrl!rhea!amber!chabot
ARPA:	...decwrl!rhea!amber!chabot@{ Berkeley | SU-Shasta }
USFail:    DEC, MR03-1/K20, 2 Iron Way, Marlboro, MA  01752
shadow:	...{ decvax | allegra | ucbvax }!decwrl!rhea!avalon!chabot