[net.women.only] ibuprofen

chabot@amber.DEC (l s chabot) (12/13/84)

Does anybody know anything about a rumor that ibuprofen can cause mild
depression?  Has anyone noticed an effect like this?  (Don't panic, it's just
something I heard, and I'm wondering if any body knows more.)

L S Chabot
UUCP:	...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot
ARPA:	...chabot%amber.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

beth@umcp-cs.UUCP (Beth Katz) (12/14/84)

l s chabot writes:
>Does anybody know anything about a rumor that ibuprofen can cause mild
>depression?  Has anyone noticed an effect like this?  (Don't panic, it's just
>something I heard, and I'm wondering if any body knows more.)

I haven't heard anything about depression, but I have been using ibuprofen for
cramps and various headaches I haven't noticed any depression (not that my lack
of symptoms implies there are none), and I would much rather use ibuprofen than
the Tylenol-3 (with codiene) I was using for cramps.  Tylenol-3 does have the
side effect of making me somewhat sleepy.  Both wipe out my cramps which are
only bad the first morning.
					Beth Katz
					{seismo,allegra,rlgvax}!umcp-cs!beth