[net.misc] New Element Produced!!!

maciag@spar.UUCP (Chris Maciag) (08/14/85)

In article <4770004@acf4.UUCP> mancello@acf4.UUCP (Dominic Mancello) writes:
>to fuse 3 nucleis of Unixidium and 2 isotopes of radon will cause the
>kernals to explode.  What is interesting with this fusion is that more
>energy is released than consumed.  Perhaps this is our future energy source?

Thenn again, these exploding kernals may result in a new, high tech, low
calorie popcorn.  Maybe we could get Orville Redibocker to work on this
project and get a higher yeild kernal (or is he one of the people not on
the net?).

->Chris

Cheap Holidays from other people's miseries....

	Johnny Rotten

plw@mgwess.UUCP (Pete Wilson) (08/15/85)

In article <236@gymble.UUCP> fred@gymble.UUCP (Fred Blonder) writes:

>This principle was dicovered hundreds of years ago by the American
>Indians, who learned to cross-breed the corn plant with primitive IBM
>operating systems, and fertilize the new plant with dead fish. The
>result was, as we all know, popcorn. The operating system kernels in
>use at the time, being so primitive, would explode at tempeatures low
>enough to be reached in an ordinary campfire, puffing out the corn
>kernel.
>
>Modern operating systems such as Unix are much more resilient, and
>require a much higher temperature to explode, so if anyone attempts to
>produce unix-based popcorn, it would porobably need to be popped in a
>nuclear reactor. Furthermore, the Unix kernal would need to be written
>so that it wouldn't reboot, to prevent the corn form unpopping itself.
>--
>All characters mentioned herein are fictitious. Any similarity to
>actual characters, ASCII or EBCDIC is purely coincidental.
>
>						Fred Blonder (301) 454-7690
>						Fred@Maryland.{ARPA,CSNet}
>						harpo!seismo!umcp-cs!fred

Well, some Un*x kernels must have hanging around Three Mile Island...
some popped and now we have Korn shells.....

	Pete Wilson
	AT&T IS CGBS
	Montgomery Works
	..!ihnp4!mgnetp!mgwess!plw

	<If life begins at 40, what is it that ends at 39?>